Tuesday, June 28, 2011

For Your Listening Pleasure I

I intend to start a little series titled "For Your Listening Pleasure" for your listening pleasure, in which I shall post some of the best songs Youtube has to offer (in my humble opinion, of course). I can guarantee you with 350% certainty that no rap or hip-hop songs will ever appear under that heading. This is the first video of the series.

(Now I can't hear this song below without thinking of Jamie Hyneman from the Mythbusters.)

The Bonny Ship The Diamond by The Connemara Stone Company

Hearing this song, you can get the ghost of a feeling of what it must have been like to be those hard, weatherworn fishermen...you can feel their awe and terror of the mighty seas they travel. This song (but not quite this version)  more than any other has given me a genuine understanding and appreciation for those men who "sailed the ocean wide, where the sun she never sets, me lads, nor darkness dims the skys..." Unless, of course, it storms, but who lives to tell of that?


No comments:

Post a Comment