Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prisencolinensinainciusol

For the life of me I can't remember how I found this. I'm also surprised I haven't seen it before.

If you have ever been washing dishes and silently mumbling to yourself in some language you are familiar with and want to know (but sadly don't) then this question has probably occurred to you. What does (insert native language) sound like? Of course, since I am a native English speaker, I have always wondered what English sounds like to foreigners. I remember reading somewhere what a (Swedish?) girl thought English sounded like when she first heard it. She said that it sounded like pebbles dropping into a pond.
Really? That's what I sound like?!?! I wish I could hear that....
Well...
While not perfect, this video gives you a pretty darn good idea of what American English sounds like (at least to the Italians that made the video).



Wow. That's fairly good, I'd say. They even have the dancing right.
Sort of...

There are other videos on Youtube that have people "speaking" different languages. They're pretty funny, but sometimes they slip up and say something waaaay off, and when they do, you can sure tell.




And for the sake of worthless trivia, the daughter of the singing guy in Prisencolinensinainciusol is Rosalinda Celentano, aka Satan in the Passion of the Christ.

Attraversiamo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment